Sunday, April 22, 2012

Recent feedback

So, since I always appreciate when people tell me how my stories talk to them and how they look at me as a writer, I decided to post some of my recent emails. If you don't agree with something someone said, if you think I'm terrible, speak up, because both good and bad reviews are helpful to me. I'm going to try and update this as people send me their thoughts, so don't be shy, I'm waiting to hear from you. -XOXO KABO

"Hey I just decided to tear through a big part of your blog. You have a talent for writing. The story about the dog and the women written from different perspectives was wonderful. It reminded me of an old Johnny Carson interview that can still bring tears to my eyes." -Eric, April 15, 2012

"Your stories are very interesting- I feel like you have an ability to write with an almost exclusive voice of your protagonist. This seems pretty unique to me.. It sometimes made me feel as you- the writer- were actually framing your personal experiences, actual events form your life, or thoughts in the form of these stories- which becomes erie as you have some twists, and unexpecedted intensity (in the case of the anti-semite piece). I also think its elegant how you end all your writing, with a whisper- not a bang. You seem to lead everything to a crescendo, only to quietly but poignantly fade it out at the end- a very nice style." -Italia, April 14, 2012

" Your blog is pretty fascinating. It's pretty dark but at the same time you've got a very unique style and voice in your writing, it's incredible. I think you've got a fantastic career ahead of you there." and, "For the record, I completely didn't mean "dark" to be negative or depressing or anything, just a unique tone - I guess "real" is probably the better word for it. Definitely impressed though, you've got a hell of a range of writing."
-Steve, April 10 &12, 2012

"I enjoyed your writing (The Eva Braun story was particuarly interesting and creative)" -Joe, April 8, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment